Energy Efficiency Capital Grant Launched!
by David Knox
The Energy Efficiency Capital Grant is now OPEN.
This grant helps businesses recover from COVID-19 and build resilience through green efficiency. It provides grant support for the installation of energy-efficient equipment that offers greater efficiency in the use of energy, providing cost savings and carbon savings.
Businesses can access up to a maximum grant of £80,000 to support 20% of eligible costs to purchase new energy efficiency equipment.
Eligible projects can use the Energy Efficiency Capital Grant to contribute towards the costs of energy-efficient technologies such as:
- LED lighting system including LED luminaires, and lighting controls such as occupancy and daylight sensors.
- Heating and cooling equipment including high-efficiency boilers, intelligent heating controls, heat recovery projects, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment and refrigeration equipment.
- Replacement drives or motors including variable speed drives (VSD) and high-efficiency motors.
- Process insulation including extruder insulation and pipework insulation.
- Renewable energy generation such as solar PV.
- Other technologies such as high-efficiency compressors, energy storage, combined heat and power (CHP), building energy management systems (BEMS) and voltage optimisation.
The Energy Efficiency Capital Grant is open to existing Invest NI customers and businesses that can become an Invest NI customer.
The Energy Efficiency Capital Grant will be issued to eligible businesses on a first-come first-served basis. The grant will close to applications, either:
- when the available budget is fully allocated; or
- on the closing date of 5pm Monday 13 September 2021